The Circulation Manager is in charge of the DC daily operation process which includes but is not limited to the verification and distribution of the daily newspapers, magazines, and dream products packages. The Circulation Manager is responsible for the daily route distribution, insures the delivery of all routes with all the different publications. Route, Area Realigments/ Consolidations. #BANG #Mid-Senior level
- Negotiate with independent distributors on new territories and expansions
- Know and enforce AAM rules and regulations
- Create a project plan with clearly defined objectives and roles/ responsibilities
- Determine the right number of phases
- Determine distributor size and effect on delivery times
- Utilize local market knowledge specifically review demographics, geography, what the route can bear from a draw, and financial standpoint
- Determine level of carrier distribution that could be caused by the changes
- Cross validate “top down” savings vs. “bottoms up” costs (route profitability and given rates)
- optimize areas to hit target budgeted rates per copy
Scheduling: The Circulation Manager is accountable for scheduling employees in a manner that does not generate overtime or exceed budgeted parameters. The schedule is distributed one week in advance to all employees. Negotiate with independent distributors on new territories and expansions, knowledge of AAM rules and regulations are required.
Building maintenance: The Circulation manager is responsible for keeping the building safe and clean - and for ensuring OSHA compliance.
Document Management: Per our BANDG initiative, all documents (i.e. contractor, mail, route lists, and complaint print outs) must be shredded each day. The Circulation Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance to our agreement.
Employee Accountability: The Circulation Manager and DSA will participate in a weekly review process. The review will cover the following responsibilities:
This process is in addition to a yearly review - which will take place on the employee’s hire/promotion anniversary date.
The circulation manager is responsible for all supplies needed for the area’s daily operations.
- Good communication skills, self motivated, problem solving skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment, godo working skills of microsoft word and excel
Bay Area News Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.