Digital First Media is the parent company for The Saratogian. We offer local news and information web sites and mobile apps offering rich multimedia experiences across the nation.
The Saratogian delivers the best of New York, serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. Our award-winning coverage and numerous content delivery options endear us to an ever-growing number of readers. Our in-demand multimedia products and personalized marketing services form a powerful communications tool for our clients.
Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, our suite of products including Adtaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions.
Our remarkable people – with their digital fluency, product knowledge, and ability to position our differentiators – are as important as the products themselves. #DigitalFirstMedia #Entry-level
The Saratogian in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is seeking a dynamic reporter to cover news in and around the Spa City. This is a great opportunity for any recent college graduate looking to kick-start his or her career. Saratoga Springs is a growing, vibrant city that is a great place to live, work and play.
The reporter will be expected to :
• File daily stories and news briefs
• Present stories in an interesting, accurate and fair manner for publication
• File photos and videos
• Stay in contact with key sources and develop new sources
• Work with the editors on coverage priorities
• Maintain an updated story budget that lists their projected stories for the coming week
• Work well under deadline pressure
• Conduct interviews in a friendly and professional manner
• Attend scheduled meetings of governing bodies at the times they normally meet
• Ensure spelling, grammar and syntax are accurate and correct in stories