We're looking for a Feeder/Rolltender to join our team. This is a temporary position. Shifts are scheduled from 10 PM to 6 AM. You must be able to work weekends and holidays.
The Roll Tender is responsible for setting up, operating, and tending paper materials and supplies necessary to keep the press operating.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, move, splice, and load the correct paper to the press ensuring the roll size and basis weight for the current job while minimizing damage or waste.
- Ensure that paper rolls are loaded and available for the press to print.
- Assist with press start-up and move controls to regulate tension on rolls.
- Report any paper damage or deficiencies to the Press Operator. Initiate and record proper paperwork for damaged/deficient paper.
- Remove finished butt roles/cores from press after use and remove paper from cores, placing in appropriate recycling containers.
- Re-wrap and/or identify rolls to be returned to paper storage with related paperwork.
- Review schedule and communicate with Press Operator regarding jobs to be completed on current shift, ensuring that the correct paper is staged and ready to go while the current job is running.
- Check ink supply at the beginning of each shift. Notify the Press Operator if ink supply is too low to complete the job(s).
- Monitor all chemicals and totes, changing them before they run out.
- Check the fountain solution tanks once per shift, ensuring clean tanks, working pumps and refrigeration.
- Assist with wash up, plate hanging, changing blankets and make-ready work.
- At press start-up, assist Press Operator with cutoff and side lay position.
- Maintain housekeeping at roll stand and press areas; keep press clean by wiping the units off; maintain decks and handrails clean; empty trash; sweep floors continually during the day, and properly/promptly clean up spills.
- Practice safe work habits. Understand and follow company and industry safety rules. Wear appropriate safety equipment/PPE. Report any unsafe equipment or conditions to your supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Cross train on 2nd Press Operator duties and other press duties.