Digital First Media is the parent company for the Oakland Press and owns and operates over 90 brands and publications nationwide. The digital brand is Adtaxi and was created in 2010; it’s our in-house agency. We sell print, digital and sponsorship advertising. We are a premier partner with Google and Facebook and have over 4,000 employees.
Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, our suite of products including Adtaxi helps advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions.
Our remarkable people – with their digital fluency, product knowledge, and ability to position our differentiators – are as important as the products themselves. #DigitalFirstMedia #Associate
The online coordinators are responsible for maintaining the quality of our cluster’s various websites and for promoting our content in the various ways we reach readers. The maintenance
of the sites includes working with reporters in groups or one-on-one basis, understanding our various content management systems and multimedia storytelling, providing training documents and instructions, leading online training webinars, possessing strong news judgment, being aware of the news environments in our coverage areas, being able to write quick and clean copy, understanding copyright rules while being able to find and use photos with our story, knowing video platforms, adapting early to changes in our platforms and processes, and responding quickly to staff questions and updates.
The position also requires understanding and mastery of all social media platforms and the ability to adapt as the landscapes shift. Schedule will include weekends and early morning shifts.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to:
● Work independently, especially during shifts when working solo.
● Find stories that need coverage and either alert local reporter or write and publish an
● Work with freelance photographers, give assignments, coordinate collection of photos,
and publish images.
● Publish videos as we get them.
● Monitor multiple news outlets and wires, looking to identify and publish stories relevant to
our local coverage areas.
● Share our content with platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest,
YouTube and other outlets.
● Engage with readers, including making public-facing posts but also one-on-one in
troubleshooting technical or editorial decisions.
● Work with reporters from all parts of our clusters.
● Work with other sides of our cluster’s business, including advertising, circulation and
● Aggregate content appropriately.
● Understand Google Analytics and be able to analyze the data and relate findings to
editors and content creators.
● Be able to multitask and take on new assignments or duties.
● Write stories and publish, posting them cleanly, showing appropriate news judgment.
● Use a consistent and appropriate voice and tone for our content and social postings and
interaction with readers.
● Be able to experiment, both with storytelling / digital publishing and social media.
● Meet departmental and clusters goals and deadlines.
● Program and publish newsletters.