The Vacaville Reporter is a daily newspaper and a primary news provider for I-80 corridor for over 130 years. The Vacaville Reporter is located on I-80 between two major cities, Sacramento and San Francisco in Northern California. Convenient access to nearby metropolitan areas.#NorCal
● Develop news sources and look for and create news story ideas in coordination with
● Research, observe surroundings and conduct interviews over the telephone and in
person to gather pertinent information for news stories.
● Interact with colleagues and the public in a professional manner.
● Organize information and write an accurate, clear, interesting and grammatically
correct story while meeting deadlines. Produce stories of varying complexity and
● Seek out and report news for immediate publication on teh Reporterd digital platforms
or for print publications.
● Discuss story formulation with editors and edit or rewrite stories, as necessary.
Develop sources and check with them on a regular basis to break exclusive news.
Use digital tools and social media to report and promote the Reporter material.
● Understand and implement SEO techniques to ensure content reaches largest online
audience. Stay abreast of latest trends.
● Create and curate content for a dynamic web presence.
● Request appropriate photos, video and graphics for stories; work closely with visual
journalists to provide clear explanations of assignments. Shoot photos and videos
when necessary and transmit them promptly for digital publication.
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism. Valid CA. driver's licence with no DUI's. Vehicle and proof of insurance required. The successful candidate should be familiar with AP style, be able to take both still and video photography, and be able to do some page design work. Prior newspaper experience preferred. The Vacaville Reporter has a strong social media presence so applicants must be well versed in that area as well.